Introducing the Trevor James Alphasax student Eb alto saxophone
The Alphasax student saxophone is an innovation from the Trevor James team and has been specifically designed for smaller players who are unable to handle the weight and reach of the standard alto saxophone. This unique and great value-for-money instrument is recommended by teachers and has proven to be the ideal stepping stone between a recorder and an alto sax.
Perfect for young beginners
Tailor-made for smaller hands, the Alphasax plays a pivotal role in unleashing the uncharted musical horizons of budding talents. Now students no longer need to wait until they’re older before they start learning.
This instrument is crafted around the original tube of the standard Eb, with a full two octave chromatic facility. The new mechanism has allowed Trevor James to maintain the finger positioning of a normal saxophone, enabling players to learn the alto saxophone using current study books, so they can easily advance to another size once they are ready. Plus, it features a short reach mechanism, redesigned keys for extra comfort and a 33% weight reduction, leaving it at an impressive 1.86kg!
Key and mechanism details:
- The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed
- The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands
- The low B & Bb keys have been removed
- Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach
- The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed
- Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach
- The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D
- Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained
What’s in the box?
The outfit comes with a lightweight (1.48kg) moulded case with backpack straps, along with a padded harness strap, mouthpiece, cap, single screw ligature and reed.371