Chamberlain Music is one of the fastest growing companies in the educational music sales sector. We run a busy retail, web, and mail-order company from our premises in Haslemere, Surrey, serving customers all over the world. We are one of the foremost suppliers of musical instruments and equipment to educators and our extensive printed catalogue is delivered to more than 35,000 different schools, universities, and performance venues.
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and polite people to join our busy and rapidly expanding team. Whilst on the job training will be given to successful candidates, a degree of experience and knowledge of musical instruments is preferable. So, if you know your Sheeran from your Schumann AND you have experience dealing with customers in a polite and courteous way, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to email@example.com or by post to Chamberlain Music, FAO: Human resources, 70 Weyhill, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 1HN.
Warehouse Team Member
Frederick Hyde Ltd is a leading music distribution company based in Haslemere, Surrey, the parent company of a number of well-known music brands. We have a large showroom, trade and retail e-commerce websites, a gig bag company, an instrument import and distribution company and a percussion manufacturing business.
We have an exciting opening for a warehouse team member and occasional driver to join our warehouse team, the dynamic ‘engine room’ of our business. This is a great opportunity to take on a varied role within a hardworking and friendly team, and to be a valued member of our company during a period of exciting expansion.
Primary job requirements will include (but are not limited to):
- Picking and preparing orders swiftly and accurately
- Despatching and packing goods to a high standard, often to tight deadlines
- Booking in and putting away incoming stock
- Maintaining a clean, organised and safe environment
- Occasional banksman duties for large vehicles
- Unloading of containers
Successful candidates will possess the following qualities/abilities:
- Due to the natural of this role, an adequate level of health/fitness is necessary
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Ability to work alone and demonstrate initiative
- Basic computer skills are required
- An interest in music/musical instruments, or any musical knowledge or abilities may be helpful for the role, but not essential
- 20 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £22,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
Working hours: Working hours: 9:00 to 17:30, Monday – Friday
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Full time, Permanent
To apply, please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Chamberlain Music we are looking to recruit a new sales advisor. You will be the first port of call for our extensive list of customers both here and abroad and play a crucial role in providing a first class, friendly and professional service.
The job is a brilliant mixture of customer care and support, order processing and data management and above all we are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and polite people to join our small team.
- Answering inbound calls and emails
- Providing support and advice on a wide range of musical instruments and equipment
- Processing orders and putting together competitive and informative quotes
- To provide support to all departments, including our retail showroom
- To be reliable, committed and enthusiastic.
- To ideally have an interest and some knowledge of musical instruments and equipment
- To be highly communicative both in person and via the telephone
The successful applicant will work in our Haslemere sales office Monday - Friday with the occasional Saturday. Working hours are 0900 - 1730.
- 20 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary and generous staff discount
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company pension scheme
- A friendly and sociable team atmosphere
This is certainly a varied role, one which will see you dealing with a wide range of customers – from teachers and musicians to parents and bursars and this may be on the phone but could also be in person. You will be part of a small, friendly and supportive team with good, on-the-job training provided.
In return we offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to gain confidence and build a secure knowledge of all things musical and all in a hardworking but fun and relaxed atmosphere.
We are conveniently located a short distance from Haslemere train station, there is also ample parking and we offer a generous staff discount on our wide range of products.
Working hours: 9:00 – 17:30, Monday - Friday (with occasional Saturday)
We are always looking for people who have a genuine interest in music and music publishing. If you have a welcoming, friendly and efficient approach and are keen to work within a musical environment please get in touch by completing an application form and returning it to us with details of the type of position you're looking for. We'll be in touch if any vacancies of this type become available in the future.