The Yamaha YSS-475II is the ideal introduction to the soprano saxophone. The design of the YSS-475II has been compared to that of Yamahas Custom EX saxophones; with the YSS475II incorporating many of the new YSS-875EX’s features to offer improved overall intonation and better playability.
The YSS-475II employs the typical tonal density of most Yamaha saxes, and players can expect a lively and bright response overall. The keys are light and have been better positioned for a more comfortable grip, which will be of some help to alto or tenor sax players who have recently moved on to soprano.
This sax features a Bb custom spatula which encourages correct technique, as well as an adjustable thumb rest which offers increased player comfort. The low vent tubing design drastically reduces the noise on the lower key action.
It comes supplied with a robust canvas case and all the necessary cleaning materials.
- New body taper improves intonation
- Newly lower vent tube for quiter action
- New key post rib plate improves durability
- All keys are lighter with more comfortable positioning
- New adjusting pivot screws for easier adjustments
- Beautiful new laser engraving
• Auxiliary Keys: High F#, Front F
• New laser-engraved bell decoration
• Custom style Bb spatula
• A new adjustable thumb hook
• Bullet point headless pivot screws
• Robust polyester buttons
• A smart gold lacquer finish
• Blue steel needle springs
• Waterproof leather and wool felt pads with plastic tone boosters
• Lower vent tube