Usually, buying a compact amp means one thing: cheap, and therefore a massive compromise when it comes to sound. Many of the smaller amps on the market end up sounding tinny and thin: not what you are after when practicing at home or warming up in the green room.
Regarded as the world’s most popular battery-powered amp, the MICROCUBE from Roland is small, portable, and possibly most importantly: it packs a punch. This amp, built for a lifetime on the road, has recently been developed to include a built-in chromatic tuner and a memory function, allowing you to save your favourite settings.
Further additions to the GX range include a high-gain EXTREME mode, bringing the total of COSM amps to eight, and a HEAVY OCTAVE setting provides the deepest and richest low tones.
Finally, a CUBE LINK connector provides a built-in audio interface which allows you to work closely with apps on apple devices such as ipads, ipods and iphones. In fact, the closely paired CUBE jam app is designed to assist in the teaching and learning of difficult guitar passages, or simply allows you to record your session and therefore make your music available to send via email or dropbox.
Quite simply, this rock-busting amp is one of the best compact amps on the market. Perfect for buskers, this stylish amp is a sure winner for anyone wanting a portable, yet reliable rock sound.
- Eight DSP effects, including HEAVY OCTAVE and dedicated DELAY/REVERB with spring emulation
- MEMORY function for saving favourite amp and effects settings
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the MICRO CUBE GX’s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Chromatic tuner built in
- Runs on battery power or supplied AC adapter
- Carrying strap included