The Nuvo Clarineo
is a clarinet in the key of C and is perfect for beginners of all ages. As the instrument is much lighter and smaller than a Bb clarinet, finger stretches are shorter, and the tone holes are smaller. This all bodes well for players with smaller hands, will reduce fatigue and encourage more practice. The fingering is the same as a standard Bb clarinet, so the transition is quick and easy once the student is ready.
The Clarineo has a rich mellow tone like a traditional clarinet, and a full chromatic range of 3.5 octaves – enough for Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto! Along with traditional clarinet repertoire, there are a lot of learning materials available on the Windstars website. You will also find ensemble pieces for combinations of Nuvo instruments including the jFlute, jSax, DooD and TooT.
Inside the case along with your instrument you will find a pot of grease to be applied sparingly to the o-rings to keep them nice and supple, two Nuvo synthetic reeds (with a third fitted to the mouthpiece), a cane reed and a pull-through cleaning cloth.
The 2.0 Clarineo model has several upgraded features:Mouthpiece
– now fitted with new integral ligature, easy to open with one hand. Remains compatible with Nuvo’s plastic reeds in 1, 1.5 and 2 strength, the Legere Viib or cane Eb size clarinet reeds and now also soprano saxophone reeds.Key caps
– on the original Clarineo model these caps were silver, with this generation model these are now silicone and coloured to match the trim of your instrument.Pads
– new silicone pads for improved reliability and even seating.Bell
– replacing the original bayonet fitting bell we now have a silicone bell similar to the “Straighten your jSax” bell for additional durability.Case
– the new sleek design is fastened with two sturdy press studs and a patch of hook and loop fabric to keep your instrument secure and make it quick and easy to get out ready to play in no time while also reduced in size compared to the original to make it more child-friendly.Clarineo Key Identification Chart