More about this title
18 songs for high voice and piano
Roger Quilter (1877-1953) is one of England's finest artsong composers and his songs have remained firmly in the vocal repertoire since their appearance in the first half of the 20th century. In these songs he demonstrates an extraordinay skill in setting English poetry and shows what can be achieved within a miniature form.
Compiled to mark the 50th anniversary of the composer's death, this volume gathers together 18 of Quilter's songs and duets. In addition to well-known favourites such as 'Now sleeps the crimson petal' and 'Love's Philosophy', it contains several works which have been unavailable for many years, as well as offering three previously unpublished songs for the first time.
01. Love's Philosophy from Three Songs op.3
02. Now sleeps the crimson petal from Three Songs op.3
03. Fill a glass with golden wine from Three Songs op.3
04. Dream Valley from Three Songs of William Blake op.20
05. The Wild Flower's Song from Three Songs of William Blake op.20
06. Daybreak from Three Songs of William Blake op.20
07. The Fuschia Tree
08. Music, when soft voices die
09. The Jealous Lover from Five Jacobean Lyrics op.28
10. Why so pale and wan? from Five Jacobean Lyrics op.28
11. I dare not ask a kiss from Five Jacobean Lyrics op.28
12. To Altea from Prison from Five Jacobean Lyrics op.28
13. The Constant Lover from Five Jacobean Lyrics op.28
14. I got a robe (previously unpublished)
15. Weep you no more (Duet)
16. It was a lover and his lass (Duet)
17. The Passing Bell (Duet, previously unpublished)
18. 'Tis St Valentine's Day (previously unpublished)
Research services tailored to your needs
We are always prepared to go the extra mile - from researching different themes, to sourcing difficult to find series and editions, all you have to do is ask!
There's no substitute for experience
With decades of combined experience in the industry, our team can find the exact piece of sheet music you need in whatever quantity you require.