More about this title
The Chester Books of Madrigals 5: Singing and Dancing
The Chester Books Of Madrigals
offer an exciting collection of secular European madrigals, partsongs and rounds from the 16th and early 17th centuries, newly edited from early sources by Anthony G. Patti, who contributes copious historical notes to each volume.
The majority of the settings are for SATB and simplified keyboard reductions. Texts are in the original languages, with an English translation (for non-English texts) provided at the head of each piece.
1. ,Sol, Sol G G A B C (Alonso)
2. A Round Of Three Country Dances (Ravenscroft)
3. Chanter Je Veux (Lassus)
4. Chi La Gagliarda (Donato)
5. Il Baalerino (Gastoldi)
6. Lieblich Ich Horte Singen (Demantius)
7. Now My Lads (Lawes)
8. Now We Are Met (Ives)
9. Nun Fanget An Ein Guts Liedlein (Hassler)
10. Pourquoi Donc Ne Fringuerons-Nous? (Passereau)
11. Rounds (Ravenscroft)
12. Sauter, Danser (Lassus)
13. Sing We And Chant It
14. Sing We, Dance We (Pilikington)
15. Strike It Up, Tabor (Weelkes)
16. Tanzen Und Springen
17. The Elves' Dance (Bennet)
18. The Satyrs' Dance (Ravenscroft)
19. Tutto Lo Di (Lassus)
20. Vorria Che Tu Cantass' (Scandello)55607
Research services tailored to your needs
We are always prepared to go the extra mile - from researching different themes, to sourcing difficult to find series and editions, all you have to do is ask!
There's no substitute for experience
With decades of combined experience in the industry, our team can find the exact piece of sheet music you need in whatever quantity you require.