The Howarth S20 Cor Anglais is similar in specification to the S20 oboe and can be seen as the ideal doubling instrument for this model.
The body is produced from solid African Hardwood and has silver plated keywork. The key configuration is that of the English Thumb Plate system and all in all the instrument produces a good, resonant, well balanced tone.
This model has semi-automatic octaves and C-D,C-C# left hand trill keys as well as C-D right hand trill keys. These features are essential when playing at a higher level.
A few words on Howarth of London Ltd
Howarths are the very definition of a specialist manufacturer. They have been continually in existence since 1948 although the name Howarth has been associated with woodwind manufacture since the 1870s. They are, today, considered to be one of the finest bespoke manufacturers of oboes, oboes d'amore and English horns and their instruments are all extremely high quality. Their student models are justifiably well regarded and are popular throughout the education sector. Here at Chamberlain Music we have set up and sold numerous examples to very satisfied customers.
- African blackwood body, plateau finger plates
- Thumbplate system, semi-automatic octaves
- Left-hand C-D,C-C# and righthand C-D trill keys
- Low B-C and C-Bb links. Forked F venting mechanism
- Adjusting screws for top C# and F#/G# link. Low Bb vent.
- Nickel-silver keywork heavily silver plated.
- Outfit, complete with case and accessories