With the new CS reface series Yamaha have redesigned the heavy and cumbersome synths of old and rejuvenated them to become sleek, lightweight and user friendly.
The CS model is fitted with 37 High Quality mini keys, all of which have ‘initial touch’ for improved dynamic control making them a direct extension of your fingers and thus musical personality. It has 2 internal 2W speakers as well as a 6.3mm headphone socket for use depending on your surroundings.
It is supplied with a 12W PA-130 power adaptor but it can also be run off 6 x AA batteries or Ni-MH rechargeable, which will give you approximately 5hours of battery life giving you the option to travel and continue playing with ease.
The Synth has 5 OSC types including: Distortion, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser and Delay and a maximum polyphony of 8 notes. Another very handy feature is that the CS model has a built in phrase looper to add a variety of textures to your recording/performance.
The Ins and Outs of this instrument include:
MIDI IN/OUT, AUX IN, L/MONO, R (6.3mm, TS phone jack, unbalanced), USB to HOST and an optional FC7 foot controller for maximum expression.
- Size: 530 mm (20 7/8") x 60 mm (2 3/8") x 175 mm (6 7/8")
- Weight: 1.9 kg (4 lbs, 3 oz) (not including batteries)
- Keys: 37 HQ mini keys
- Power: PA-130A Adaptor or 6x AA Batteries
- Cable: MIDI breakout cable
- Amplifiers: 2 x 2W
- Speakers: 2 x 3cm
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Engine: AN (Analog Physical Modeling)
- Phrase Looper: Yes
- DC IN (12 V) jack
- PHONES (6.3 mm, stereo phone jack)
- MIDI (mini-DIN IN/OUT)
- AUX IN (3.5 mm, mini stereo phone jack)
- L/MONO, R (6.3 mm, TS phone jack, unbalanced)
- USB (TO HOST)
- FOOT CONTROLLER: FC7 (optional) (to adjust the volume)