The Yamaha FG820 is a wonderful sounding instrument and a real step up from the already excellent FG800 guitar.
Thanks to the selected mahogany back and sides the guitar boasts a wonderful warm and strong sound and this along with the solid spruce top and cream binding give a lovely classic look.
For this years re-design Yamaha have come up with what they call 'scalloped bracing'. Utilising cutting edge acoustic analysis they have come up with a new bracing pattern which improves overall structural rigidity and projection.
Every detail of a Yamaha FG guitar is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control checks each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
• Body Shape - Traditional Western
• Scale Length - 650mm (25 9/16”)
• Body Length - 505mm (19 7/8")
• Total Length - 1038mm (40 7/8")
• Body Width - 412mm (16 1/4")
• Body Depth:
(3 15/16”- 4 5/8”)
• Nut Width - 43mm (1 11/16”)
• String Spacing - 11.0mm
• Top Material - Solid Spruce
• Back Material - Mahogany
• Side Material - Mahogany
• Neck Material - Nato
• Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
• Fingerboard Radius:
R400mm (23 5/8")
• Bridge Material - Rosewood
• Nut Material - Urea
• Saddle Material - Urea
• Bridge Pins - Black ABS with White Dot
• Tuners - Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
• Body Binding - Cream
• Soundhole Inlay - Black + White
• Pickguard - Tortoise Pattern (Black for the BL and SB color variation)
• Body Finish - Gloss
• Neck Finish - Matt